BEST CASSEROLES (26)
SMOOTHIES AND SHAKES (20)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|RIB STEAKS WITH WINE SAUCE|
FOR 4 SERVINGS YOU WILL NEED:
4 ribs steaks, 3/4 inch thick
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. butter
1/4 c. finely sliced green onion
1/4 c. beef broth
1/4 c. red wine
Dash black pepper
2 tbsp. butter
1. Rub steaks on both sides with cornstarch. Sprinkle with garlic.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet. Brown steaks quickly on both sides.
3. Reduce heat. Saute steaks until done to your liking, about 4 minutes on each side for rare, 7 to 9 minutes on each side for well done.
4. Remove steaks, keep warm.
5. Add green onion to pan. Saute a few minutes on medium high heat until soft but not browned.
6. Add beef broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste (remember broth is salty).
7. Finally add butter, small pieces at a time, whisking constantly until sauce is smooth. You may add 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with a little water to make the sauce smoother. Whisk while heating.
8. Pour sauce over steaks. Sprinkle with some extra onion.,
Tips: For economy, buy the first cut of chuck steak. Cut out the rib steak, save remainder of meat for beef stew. Freeze for later use.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here