THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
PASTA LOVERS (27)
NO BAKE COOKIES (16)
BREADS AND ROLLS (43)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CRISCO SINGLE PIE CRUST|
1 1/3 level c. all-purpose flour
1/2 level c. Crisco shortening
1/2 level tsp. salt
3 tbsp. cold water
1. Spoon flour into measuring cup and level. Mix flour and salt in medium bowl.
2. Cut in Crisco using pastry blender (or 2 knives) until all flour is blended into form pea size chunks.
3. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough will form a ball.
4. Press between hands to form 5-6 inch pancake. Flour rolling surface and rolling pin lightly. Roll dough into circle.
5. Trim 1 inch larger than upside down pie plate. Loosen dough carefully.
6. Fold into quarters. Unfold and press into pie plate.
7. Fold edge under and flute.
For baked pie shell, heat oven to 425 degrees. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. For recipe calling for unbaked pie shell, follow baking directions given in that recipe.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|