LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
HOLIDAY COOKIE (99)
EASY DESSERTS (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|KIELBASA & PEPPER PASTA SAUCE|
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes. Serves: 4.
8 oz. fettucini or linguine
1 lb. Kielbasa (Polish sausage)
1 med. onion, sliced
2 lg. red or green peppers, cored, sliced
1 can (14 oz.) whole tomatoes with juice, cut up
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. water
2 tsp. cornstarch
Grated Parmesan cheese (opt.)
1. Cook fettucini in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
2. In the meantime, cut Kielbasa into 1/4 inch thick slices. In 12-inch skillet, saute sausage over medium-high heat until browned on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
3. Discard most of drippings, leaving only enough to cover bottom. Saute onion and peppers until softened.
4. Stir in sausage, tomatoes with juice, salt and pepper.
5. Combine water and cornstarch. Stir into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
6. Place drained pasta on serving platter or individual plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
HEALTH NOTE: To reduce some fat and cholesterol, use the reduced-fat version of Kielbasa. Eliminate Parmesan cheese.
TIPS: You may use other smoked sausage in place of Kielbasa. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|