|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHOCOLATE MOUSSE LADY FINGER CAKE|
4 pkg. (3 oz.) plain not filled lady fingers (split lengthwise)
3 pkg. (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 eggs, separated
Confectioners' sugar, optional
1/2 c. water
1. Line side and then bottom of 9 inch springform pan with lady fingers, split side in. Set aside.
2. In medium saucepan, combine chocolate pieces, granulated sugar and 1/2 cup water. Over low heat, stir constantly until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and beat with wooden spoon until smooth. Set aside and let cool slightly.
3. In large bowl, with portable electric mixer at medium speed, beat egg yolks slightly. Gradually add chocolate mixture, beating constantly; continue beating until it thickens.
4. With clean beaters, beat egg whites just until stiff peaks form when beaters are slowly raised. With wire whisk or rubber scraper, using an under and over motion, gently fold beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture just until combined.
5. Spread a fourth of chocolate mixture over lady fingers in springform pan. Cover mixture with a layer of lady fingers. Repeat 3 times.
6. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
7. To serve: Gently remove side of pan; place cake (still on bottom of pan) on serving plate. Sprinkle cake liberally with confectioners' sugar. Makes 14 servings.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here