LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
SALAD DRESSINGS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE|
2 lb. 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
12 oz. unsalted butter
1 c. strong coffee
32 lg. (3 lb. 8 oz.) eggs, separated
1 1/3 c. sugar
1. Melt chocolate, butter and coffee over low heat, cool slightly.
2. Beat egg yolks until pale yellow. Add 1/3 cup chocolate mixture to the yolks. Add the yolks to the remaining chocolate mixture; blend thoroughly.
3. At high speed in large mixing bowl, slightly beat egg whites. Gradually add sugar while continuing to beat. Beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold the egg whites, one-third at a time, into the chocolate mixture. Continue folding gently until no whites remain.
5. Divide mixture among four buttered and floured 10-inch round pans. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting.
Makes 4 (10 inch) cakes; 1/8 cake per portion.
NOTE: Cake will rise in oven and then sink when cooled. Weight indicated is liquid portion of egg.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|