THANKSGIVING SIDES (32)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
EASY DESSERTS (11)
PERFECT PORK (24)
PASTA LOVERS (27)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|ITALIAN CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP|
1 (2 - 2 1/2 lb.) chicken
6 ribs celery, cut in med., diced
3 med. onions, cut in med., diced
1 sm. carrot, cut fine
2 fresh tomatoes, peeled & chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
2-3 sprigs Italian parsley, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil (or vegetable oil)
1/2 lb. fettucini, broken in 1" lengths or noodles of your choice
Salt & pepper to taste
A pinch each of thyme leaves, rosemary leaves, crushed oregano leaves & crushed red pepper
2 Maggi bouillon cubes
1. Place chicken in an 8 quart Dutch oven and cover it with cold water. Season with salt and pepper, add the bay leaves and bring to a simmer.
2. While chicken is cooking, cut the celery, onions and the carrot. In a sauce pot, begin sauteing vegetables in a couple tablespoons of olive oil. When the vegetables are transparent, add the chopped garlic, let it saute until it begins to impart its aroma (but do not brown), then add the chopped parsley and let it cook several seconds. Add all the other seasonings at this point.
3. In the meanwhile, core the tomatoes and place in the pot with the chicken, poach a minute or two, remove from the pot and peel tomatoes and chop. Place in a dish and reserve.
4. Chicken should be cooked by now. Remove, plunge in cold water, remove skin and debone chicken, cut into bite size pieces. Hold until needed.
5. Return chicken stock to a boil and cook noodles in the stock until firm.
6. Combine the sauteed vegetables, the tomatoes and the chicken all together with the noodles and the stock. Simmer until the soup has reached its full aroma. Do not over cook the noodles. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|