|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|GREEN CHILE CON CARNE|
2 lbs. pork (or chicken breast)
2 tbsp. oil
3 tbsp. flour
1-2 tsp. chile powder (Chimayo if you can get it)
4 c. chicken bouillon
2 fresh tomatoes
13 oz. green chilies (Use Bueno green chiles or Ortega-canned)
1. Saute one onion chopped fine and remove from skillet.
2. Cut pork or chicken into 1/2 inch cubes (I use food processor). Place in 2 tablespoons oil in hot skillet. Cook until brown.
3. Add 3 heaping tablespoons flour and brown. Add 1-2 teaspoons chile powder. Add 1 cup chicken bouillon. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add 3 cups chicken bouillon (add slowly like gravy).
5. Add dash of garlic, add the onion, add 2 fresh tomatoes that have been peeled and finely chopped (I use the processor). Add the green chiles.
6. Cook on high heat until ingredients come to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|