LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
SLOW COOKER (11)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SWEET & SOUR PINEAPPLE MEATBALLS|
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Cooking time: about 20 minutes. Serves 4 to 6.
1/2 lb. ground beef
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp. chopped onion
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tbsp. oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1 med. onion, chopped
1 med. green or red pepper, chopped
1/2 c. ketchup
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks or crushed pineapple (reserve syrup)
2 tbsp. sherry (opt.)
Chopped green onion
1. To prepare the meatballs, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Form into small meatballs.
2. Fry a few meatballs at a time in butter, until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper toweling. Set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the salt, onion and green pepper. Cook until tender. Drain oil.
4. Combine the ketchup and vinegar. Stir into the onion-pepper mixture.
5. Make a paste with the cornstarch and reserved pineapple syrup. Add to the vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
6. Stir in the pineapple chunks and sherry, if used. Simmer for 3 minutes. Mix in the meatballs. Heat through.
7. Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with green onion. Serve.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|