LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
QUICK BREADS (29)
SMOOTHIES AND SHAKES (20)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|CHINESE THAI CHICKEN|
(May be an appetizer or main dish. Should be made the day before serving. Serves 6 as main course; 20 to 25 as appetizer.)
1 lb. thin mein (chinese noodles)
3/4 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. peanut oil
2 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. Chinese sesame oil
2 whole chicken breasts (use 3 if sm.)
6 scallions (green onions) thinly sliced
2 carrots (peeled and coarsely chopped)
1 (8 oz.) can sliced bamboo shoots (drained)
1 (8 oz.) can straw mushrooms (drained)
1 (6 oz.) jar miniature corn on the cob (drained and thinly sliced)
1/2 c. fresh coriander (chopped)
1/2 lb. fresh snowpeas, blanched and thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, toasted
1. Poach chicken. Remove skin and bones. Cut into bite size pieces.
2. Cook noodles in 4 quarts boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and toss in a large bowl with 1/2 cup soy sauce and then peanut oil. Cool to room temperature, tossing frequently to coat thoroughly. Cut into 1 to 2 inch strands.
3. Combine mayonnaise with mustard, sesame oil and remaining 1/4 cup soy sauce and chili oil to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Mix chicken, bamboo shoots, scallions, carrots, straw mushrooms, corn and coriander with noodles. Mix thoroughly, adding mayonnaise mixture. Chill (preferably overnight).
5. About 30 minutes before serving, add snowpeas and mix well. Taste, as noodles soak up sauce and it may be necessary to add more soy sauce and chili oil. Garnish with coriander and toasted sesame seeds.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|