LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
EASY DESSERTS (11)
EASY BAKING (29)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PINEAPPLE COUNTRY RIBS|
4 lbs. country style pork ribs, cut into 3 inch pieces
1 1/2 c. beer (12 oz. bottle)
1/2 c. tomato juice
1/4 c. lemon juice
Dash cayenne pepper
4 whole cloves
1 lg. onion (quartered)
1 fresh pineapple, pared, cored, cut into chunks
Preparation time: 30 minutes. Precooking time: 30 minutes. Grilling time: about 15 minutes.
1. Select meaty ribs with a minimum of bones. Cut the ribs in halves crosswise or leave whole.
2. Combine beer, tomato juice, lemon juice, cayenne, cloves and onions in large bowl. Add the ribs, simmer, covered for 30 minutes. Drain.
3. Place pineapple chunks on skewers. Preheat charcoal or broiler.
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. chili sauce
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced or mashed
4. To make basting sauce: Combine honey, soy sauce, chili sauce and garlic, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Grill meat and the skewers, brushing often with the basting sauce until glazed and shiny, about 15 minutes. Turn both meat and skewers over during grilling time.
Good served with: Hot spiced rice, green salad with fresh orange slices and strawberry pie for dessert.
Ribs can be precooked the day before. They make a perfect main dish for an outdoor meal.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|