|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SAUSAGE STUFFED SHELLS|
1 lb. Italian sweet sausage
1/2 c. chopped onion
4 slices bread, crumbled
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp. dried
20 jumbo shells, parboiled & drained
2 jars (15 1/2 oz. each) Ragu spaghetti sauce, divided
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Prick sausage with skewer or fork and parboil in a small amount of water, in covered skillet for 5 minutes. Drain. Chop sausage and fry along with onions until brown and crumbly, stirring often. Spoon off excess fat. Add egg, bread and parsley; mix thoroughly.
2. Fill hot parboiled shells with sausage mixture, suing a teaspoon or butter knife.
3. Pour 1/2 the Ragu spaghetti sauce into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan. Arrange shells in pan.
4. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
5. Remove foil; sprinkle grated cheese over top and bake uncovered 10 minutes more. Serves 4.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|