HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
EASY DESSERTS (11)
FRUIT SALADS (20)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|PICNIC HAM WITH BARBECUE SAUCE|
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Simmering time: 2 hours. Baking time: 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves: 6 to 8.
1 smoked picnic ham or shoulder ham, about 5 lbs.
1 tbsp. mixed pickling spices
6 to 8 sm. potatoes, unpared
4 lg. carrots, pared, cut into chunks
1 lg. onion, quartered
1 c. chopped onions
1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. dark brown sugar, packed
1/4 c. cider vinegar
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
1. Place ham into a large pot. Add cold water to cover.
2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add pickling spices. Cover. Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add potatoes, carrots and onion. Simmer 30 minutes longer.
4. To prepare barbecue sauce, combine all ingredients in a 2 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 4 minutes or until thickened.
5. Remove cooked ham to an ovenproof shallow casserole or platter. Cut off skin.
6. Brush generously with barbecue sauce. Surround meat with cooked vegetables.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until ham is lightly browned. TIPS: The barbecue sauce also goes very well with beef or pork ribs.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|