|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|BARBECUE BEEF LIVER|
1 lb. beef liver
1 c. sliced onion
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. vinegar
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1/4 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. water
1. Cut liver into 1/4 inch slices; cut each slice in half crosswise.
2. Arrange half the slices in bottom of covered baking pan.
3. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Saute onions until lightly browned in skillet; place half of them over liver.
5. Combine remaining ingredients.
6. Spoon half of sauce over liver-onion mixture.
7. Arrange another layer of liver and onions; cover pan.
8. Bake 25 minutes in moderate oven at 325 degrees.
9. Uncover; pour remaining sauce over liver.
10. Bake uncovered 10 minutes.
11. 4 servings.
NOTE: I find 1 hour makes liver more tender.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|