BREADS AND ROLLS (43)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|JALAPENO POTATO SOUP|
1 med. onion, chopped
1/4 c. butter
5 lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
8 c. chicken broth
1 tsp. cumino
1/4 - 1/2 c. pickled jalapenos, coarsely chopped
Juice of jalapenos
Pinch baking soda to prevent curdling
4 c. evaporated milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In large stock pot, saute onions in butter until tender.
2. Add potatoes, chicken broth and cumino. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
3. When done, add jalapenos, soda, evaporated milk and potatoes which have been coarsely mashed with potato masher.
4. Stir well. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Garnish with sour cream and onions.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|