LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
FISH DISH (21)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
6 oz. graham crackers
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
2 1/2 tbsp. gelatin
1/4 c. water
1 1/2 c. crushed pineapple
1/4 c. milk
2 1/2 tbsp. custard powder
1 lb. cottage cheese
2 egg whites
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. cream sweetened whipped cream to garnish
Chopped crystalized ginger
1. Make the crust by crushing the graham crackers and mixing with the sugar and the melted butter. Press 3/4 of the mixture on the bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set aside the remaining crust mixture.
2. Mix the gelatin and the water and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
3. Drain the pineapple and add enough milk to the pineapple liquid to make 2 cups. Put into a saucepan and heat.
4. Add the gelatin and mix until the gelatin is dissolved.
5. Mix the custard powder with the 1/4 cup of milk and add to the saucepan. Stir constantly until thick.
6. Stir in the cheese and pineapple. Cool.
7. Beat the egg whites until almost stiff. Beat in the sugar.
8. Whip 1 cup of cream and fold into cheese mixture with beaten egg whites.
9. Pour into the crust and sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top. Refrigerate until firm.
10. Serve garnished with sweetened whipped cream and ginger. Serves 8.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|