HOLIDAY COOKIES (99)
LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
SALAD DRESSINGS (17)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|SIRLOIN TIP ROAST WITH BACON|
A protective layer of bacon keeps this sirloin tip roast moist throughout the cooking process. For most accurate roasting, make use of a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest muscle. For 6 servings you will need:
2 1/2-3 lb. boned & tied sirloin tip roast
3 sm. cloves garlic, slivered
2 tbsp. Dijon style mustard
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
6 slices bacon
1. Cut slits into the roast and insert slivered garlic, placing pieces evenly around the whole roast.
2. Rub with 1 tablespoon of the mustard. Sprinkle with the thyme.
3. Place on roasting rack. Top roast with the bacon, with ends covered the sides.
4. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat. Roast at 325 degrees until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees for rare, or 160 degrees for medium to well done.
5. Transfer meat to serving board or platter. Remove bacon and strings. Replace bacon.
6. Pour pan drippings into small skillet. Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and heat to boiling. Continue boiling until drippings are shiny and thickened. 7. Spoon sauce over roast, slice and serve immediately.
Good served with: Oven-roasted potatoes, baked mushrooms in cream and a green salad.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|