LIBBY'S® PUMPKIN (20)
FOOTBALL SNACKS (40)
PARTY FOODS (20)
|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|RICE STUFFED PORK CHOPS|
purchase extra thick pork chops for this recipe in order to make pockets to hold the savory rice filling.
FOR 4 SERVINGS YOU WILL NEED:
4 extra thick (1 1/2 inches) pork chops
1/2 c. cooked brown or white rice
2 green onions, minced
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. olive or salad oil
1 1/2 c. dry white wine or chicken broth
3/4 c. whipping cream
1 tbsp. green peppercorns or capers
Tomato half & parsley for garnish
1. From fat side of each pork chop, cut a pocket with the tip of a sharp knife.
2. Mix rice, onions, garlic, marjoram and salt. Divide mixture among the chops. Pack in well. Skewer shut with toothpicks.
3. Heat oil in heavy skillet. Slowly brown chops on both sides. Add wine or broth. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Remove chops and keep warm. Boil liquid in pan down to about 1/2 cup (it should appear thickened and glossy).
5. Stir in cream and peppercorns or capers. Boil 3 to 5 minutes until thickened. Pour over chops or serve separately in a bowl. Garnish chops with tomato half and parsley and serve immediately.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|