|EVERY FEW MINUTES|
|FRIED PASTRY (Bunuelos)|
4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 c. warm water
1 c. vegetable oil (for frying)
1/2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cinnamon
1. Thoroughly mix flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Then add to dry ingredients. Stir in 1/4 cup oil and mix well.
3. Add warm water and mix until dough can be handled easily. (If dough is too dry, add a few more teaspoons of warm water, one at a time.)
4. Place dough on a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.
5. Divide dough into 20-24 pieces and shape each into a ball. Flatten balls on the board with the palm of your hand. Cover with a cloth for 20 minutes.
6. On a lightly floured board, roll out each flattened ball with a rolling pin into a large round shape about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
7. Heat 1 cup oil in an electric frying pan set to 360 degrees. (If you don't have an electric frying pan, use a fat thermometer to check the temperature of oil heated in a regular frying pan.) Just before frying, stretch each bunuelo a little more by hand.
8. Fry each bunuelo until underside is golden brown (about 3 minutes). Turn and fry other side until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
9. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle hot bunuelos with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Makes 20-24.
|Share:||+ Add review or comment|
Have your own version of this recipe? Share it here